May 17, 2006

Democrats should be paying attention

As I was driving home today and listening to NPR's All things considered, I could not help but think how easily the Democrats can win Congress this November. The interview with Sen. Pat Roberts (R-Kansas) could not have been more forthcoming in that aspect. His fumbling and incoherent explanation regarding the recent USA TODAY story on secret gathering of phone calls from Americans has put things into perspective for me. At the beginning, I thought the NSA spy program was not that bad of an idea, even with the illegalities in question, my first reaction was to actually give the President the benefit of the doubt. However, this interview has cleared my thinking on how ill-prepared these investigations are, especially because they do not actually explain how they are aiding the fight against terrorism. And that is exactly the problem with this Administration and congressmen like Sen. Roberts, who do not have a clear and coherent argument on how circumventing the laws is necessary and ultimately beneficial for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo